Sunday, November 7, 2010

Trophy Dragon

I started this prop well over a year ago with what ended up looking like a green reptile\horse...thing. 
I never could figure out the eyes, so in my frustration he was abandoned until recently. 
I ripped out his stick teeth and gave him some eyes. I used cracked glass bulbs that I got off the ends of an old curtain rod.Then I used paper clay to give this guy a proper snout. The recipe for the clay can be found at http://ultimatepapermache.com/



From the very beginning I wanted to ensure that he would have glowing eyes. I used three led's in the head that change color's from red to green to blue sequentially.



From there he received a base of black paint and finally red paint over that. 

Once I got the whole head covered in clay and painted I began adding his new (more proper) teeth and some scales. 
 






 Finally last night he earned his first horns.




What cha think? I think he looks pretty menacing. Now he needs a body for next Halloween

No comments:

Post a Comment